I am a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Machine Learning and Computer Vision at the School of Engineering in the University of Edinburgh. I run the Bayesian and Neural Systems research group with Amos Storkey from the School of Informatics.
My research interests include:
- simplifying deep learning
- neural architecture search
- efficient training and inference
- weakly supervised learning in vision
- applying machine learning to engineering
Before, I was a postdoc at the School of Informatics in Edinburgh. I did my MEng and DPhil at the University of Oxford. For my DPhil, I worked with Andrew Zisserman on object recognition and retrieval in art.